While they are most commonly found in the kitchen, self-rimmed sinks also can be a great choice for the bathroom. In fact, self-rimming bathroom sinks offer several benefits that make them a good complement to any bath design. Would you like a bathroom sink that’s affordable, easy to install, durable, adaptable to a variety of countertop materials and typically more sanitary than other options? The self-rimmed sink is your solution.
Of the various types of sinks, a self-rimmed bathroom drop-in sink is one of the easiest and most straightforward to install. After the bowl is placed into a recess in the counter, the rim sits on top and holds the sink in place. It is secured with a bead of calk or, in some cases, mounting clips beneath.
Here’s a look at what sets the self-rimmed sink apart and why it can work well — and even make a design statement — in your modern bathroom.
The Benefits of a Self-Rimming Sink
Self-rimming bathroom sinks offer several advantages that make them a good choice for any bathroom space. If you’re wondering what the self-rimmed sink design has to offer, here are a few of its benefits:
- It works with a variety of counter materials — Whether your bathroom countertop is tile, laminate or solid surface, a self-rimming sink can be mounted directly into it.
- It’s fast and easy to install — Anyone who has waited for an undermounted sink to be installed knows the benefit of having a sink that’s fast and easy to set into place. The self-rimmed bathroom sink is as simple to install as dropping it into a cutout and sealing it in place. This not only makes for a quick initial installation, but also makes it easy to replace the sink whenever you crave a new look or material.
- It’s affordable — Self-rimming sinks tend to be relatively low in cost, making them an affordable update for any bath.
- It’s durable — Because the weight of a self-rimmed sink rests on the surrounding countertop, it’s able to withstand more weight and rough handling than an undermount sink. This makes it a good investment for the long haul and especially suitable for kids’ bathrooms.
- It’s sanitary — Compared with undermount sinks that typically have seams or crevices that are difficult to clean and provide a breeding ground for mold and bacteria, a self-rimmed sink is much simpler to maintain. That’s because its edges are visible and easy to clean and sanitize.
All the above benefits demonstrate the perks of choosing a self-rimmed sink for your bathroom. Enjoy maximum convenience and durability by choosing a sink that can work with a variety of counter materials. This style of sink could be the perfect choice for your bath!
Contact Us to Learn More
Whether you’re designing a new bathroom or renovating an existing space, you can’t go wrong with a convenient, durable, easy-to-install and easy-to-clean self-rimmed bathroom drop-in sink. To learn more about the many options and updated looks we have available, call Modern Bathroom, or explore our large collection of sinks online.
What does self rimming mean in bathroom sink?
Self Rimming sinks, using the rimming lip, transfers the weight of the sink and contents to the surrounding counter. This gives these sinks the ability to support elevated levels of weight and rough handling that can occur in commercial applications, saving the owner money in the long term.