If you are working on a bathroom remodel and wondering what a true “must-have” is, here’s a tip: For a trendy shower remodel with some surefire staying power, consider adding glass shower doors. Moving away from an old-school shower curtain to the sleek and modern look of glass doors is a popular remodeling choice today — and with good reason. Glass doors expand the sense of space in the bathroom, they come in a variety of designs, and they cut down on water spills and maintenance work.
Benefits of Using Glass Doors
Many modern bathroom designers are taking advantage of this bathroom feature because it’s a smart choice. To demonstrate the value of adding glass doors to your shower, here’s a look at some top benefits that come from adding glass shower doors to your bath:
- A Larger Bathroom Feel: Because glass doors elongate the look of your room rather than boxing off part of the space, they can create a larger, longer feel for the whole room. There’s more room for light to bounce throughout the space, and you enjoy a more spacious, comfortable design.
- Showcased Shower Design: Let’s face it: The custom tile or stonework in your shower is too beautiful to hide. So instead of tucking it behind a shower curtain, use glass doors that let everyone get the full effect.
- Versatility: Because glass shower doors come in a variety of sizes and shapes, they can work in a wide range of bathroom designs. Whether your bathroom style is modern or traditional, you can find something that works for you. Likewise, you get to choose from small panels, doors, frosted glass, clear glass and more.
- Low Maintenance: While shower curtains tend to trap moisture, glass panels are easy to wipe, preventing the accumulation of mold and mildew. A low-maintenance bathroom feature that’s as beautiful as it is resilient? That’s a feature you can’t help but love.
- Less Water Spillage: Another big perk of glass doors is that they fully enclose the shower so that water can’t spill out onto the nearby floors and fixtures like it does with standalone showers. Keeping water inside the shower where it belongs helps you avoid unnecessary spillage and messes throughout your space.
- Reduced Slip-and-Fall Area: Shower doors minimize wet floors. The less wet the floor in your space, the less chance that someone will accidentally slip and fall.
From easier maintenance to increased safety, glass shower doors are a bathroom feature with a lot to offer! So when you’re wondering how to up the value of your bathroom with a remodeling project, consider working this attractive, streamlined shower option into your new space.