Redesigning a bathroom and like the look of the sea? Whether you live near the beach or just wish you did, you can create a nautical bathroom remodel simply by incorporating a strategic blend of colors, appliances and features into your space’s design. A nautical look is one of those bathroom themes that has had great staying power throughout changing trends. When you’re interested in a nautical look, give yourself permission to have fun!
Here are some great ideas to keep in mind to create the kind of nautical bathroom décor you’ll love:
- A cohesive theme: For the best complete look, explore different nautical bathroom themes and then pick one to use. Whether you go with images of whales, anchors or ocean waves, figure out what you want to emphasize most in order to avoid a cluttered feel. Likewise, pick a color scheme that you want to stick to and work all other design elements into that.
- Soothing, gentle colors: Hint at the soothing, calming colors of ocean waves by decorating your bathroom with soft blues, creams, whites, pinks and beiges. From the color of your walls to the color of your linens, stick to these shades for a cohesive, beach-themed feel.
- Deep-navy hues: On the flip side of the soft and soothing look, consider a bold color scheme of deep navy accented by crisp white or dark brown. This look is another great nautical option, alluding to the ships and navy blues linked with life on the water.
- Natural materials: To highlight the natural beauty of your nautical theme, stick to natural materials as much as you can in your bathroom design. Look for quality hardwoods that are unfinished or lightly finished — particularly those with a weathered look. Explore possibilities for bamboo or bamboo-like fixtures. By incorporating natural elements like these, you reinforce the nautical vibe.
- Nautical accessories: Stamp your creative touch on your bathroom by selecting nautically themed shower curtains, window treatments, wallpaper, bath mats, towels, artwork and/or other accessories for your bathroom space. There are so many possibilities on the market today. The unique combination of elements you select is what will make the bathroom feel like your own. Just be sure to keep components in line with your maritime theme to accentuate the nautical feel.
Decorating a bathroom is a great opportunity to showcase your style and call attention to parts of ocean life you love. Whether you keep everything understated with a few pictures of the sea hung on the walls or go all out with nautical colors, accessories and anchor-shaped hardware, you have plenty of options for customizing your space. Get inspired with the ideas above and enjoy the process.
When you’re looking for bathroom features and fixtures offered at great prices with free shipping, come to Sanix Way.