No log cabin is complete without comfortable, rustic bathrooms that reflect its cozy style. So whether you’re building a new log cabin or updating the baths in the one you already have, it’s important to think strategically about the fixtures you choose. From bathroom vanities to bathtubs to bathroom faucets, you’ll want to look for fixtures that complement the overall design and style of your log cabin home. To help you create a cohesive home design that incorporates the log cabin feel that you desire, here are some important ideas to keep in mind.
- Start With SpaceAre you redesigning a tiny powder room or a large master bath? Before you pick any bathroom components, determine how much square footage you have to work with as you’re shopping for bathtubs, showers and other components. You may love the rustic feel of a certain vanity, for example, but your small space might not accommodate it. Everything from your bathroom sinks to your mirrors must be in proportion to the room.
- Decide Whether or Not to DIYRemodeling a bathroom on your own can save you a great deal in terms of cost, but do-it-yourself projects aren’t for everybody. Evaluate how much needs to be done. Are you just replacing a vanity? Ripping out wall tile? Putting in wood wall paneling and sealing it properly? Ask yourself how comfortable you are taking on that task. If you’re looking at a small job or one that you already know how to tackle, you can confidently do it yourself. If, on the other hand, you don’t have the time and/or skill to do it yourself, it’s probably best to hire a professional.
- Think About CostsThe prices of bathroom remodels vary greatly, depending on how much you’re changing, what products you’re buying and where you’re buying them, labor costs, etc. Based on your specific project, set a budget and stick to it.
- Get InspirationTo help you recognize the common themes in the log cabin look, explore log cabin websites, magazines and photographs for inspiration. Look for common elements: natural colors, greenery, photos or artwork featuring the woods. When you have a good sense of what defines the log cabin style, you’ll be better prepared to shop for new bathroom features.
- Plan Your Log Cabin StyleDecide what you want your bathroom to feature. For a log cabin vibe, you probably want wood tones, natural colors that are found outside (browns, tans, greens, blues, etc.) and textiles and accents that can create a cozy, rustic feel. Incorporating these components in the bathroom means choosing natural elements such as wood floors, wood walls, a natural stone shower and maybe a textured sink or accents of copper or iron. Explore options to see what works for you. You could even continue the unmistakable wood chinking that defines log cabins into the bathroom walls.
When it comes to creating the log cabin bathroom you’ve always wanted, there are many ways to get creative. Use the tips above to guide your decision-making, and simplify the experience to maximize your enjoyment. Then, for the best products on the market, come to Sanix Way , browsing its web catalog of factory-direct products.